Thursday, June 22, 2006

Projects in development

I've been busy (hence only two posts to date) but I have some projects in the pipeline that should be prototyped sooner or later, and, with any luck, will be available for purchase soon there after.

Be on the look out for a couple of CNC-router oriented chairs, made from plywood. I'm trying to integrate all the grace and balance of archetypal chairs produced from solid wood while drastically reducing the cost of production. Most seating produced from sheet materials is rather awkward, if you haven't noticed.

Also, a contemporary, Shaker-inspired chair is in the works. Plans are for it to be adaptable for use indoor, outdoor, wherever you want to sit comfortably.

The purpose of these items is mainly to realize some solutions to problems I need solved. I only hope that these pieces can solve problems for others (with or without any customization, which room has been left for, so don't hesitate to request minor changes).

Sorry - no images until I've got tangible, physical items (a rendering is useless as a piece of furniture!).

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home